TSA TOP TEN
Both students and parents have provided their top ten reasons for being at Thomas Sumter Academy and why is a Thomas Sumter Academy education is set apart from other schools in the area — both public and private. See why Thomas Sumter is the number one choice for academics, athletics, and character education. Tenacity Supports Achievement
TSA Parent Top Ten
- Family is important to us — 51 Second Generation Generals; 5 Third Generation Generals; 30% military families.
- Upper School Student-to-Teacher ratio is 16:1. Lower School Student-to-Teacher ratio is 12:1.
- Innovative and collaborative learning through our Elementary (1st through 5th) Science. Technology. Engineering. Math. (STEAM) Program.
- 27 different sports available to our students.
- 8 Dual Enrollment classes through Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC).
- 14 Student Clubs and organizations available for the students.
- Class of 2017 average SAT scores = 1074 – well above the National Norm
- Class of 2017 graduation rate = 100%
- Class of 2017 college acceptance rate = 100%
- Over $5.5 million in scholarships offered to the Class of 2017.
TSA Student Top Ten
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger than oneself – Community focus vice self-focus.
- Learning and living core values such as integrity, honor, commitment, and fidelity.
- Learning beyond books — critical thinking; soft skills such as communication, collaborative learning, and healthy debate.
- Academic rigor – Dual enrollment opportunities for 11th/12th Honors classes available in the Middle School; STEAM focus in 1st thru 5th grade.
- Higher expectations and standards along with mutual teacher respect.
- Positive learning environment.
- Tradition and Family.
- School spirit – Tenacity Supports Achievement
- The ability to grow and develop into principled servant leaders.
- Comfortable with who we are – individually and as a school.